Monday, December 30, 2013

Out with the OLD, In with the NEW

Good bye 2013... HELLO 2014!!

I love the new year.  The promises it brings.  The habits we all promise to break or to form...and struggle to do so.  I guess I love the chaos that goes on in trying to better ourselves all at once rather than little by little on any random day of the year.

So yes, I go along with the cliche of it all and say I'm going to do a big change at the beginning of every year.  But I will be the first to admit that I'm not the best at keeping these optimistic-go storing for one week-promises.  So maybe my New year resolution should be to actually keep whatever it is I propose throughout the year.

I found this nifty little list on one of the Pinterest boards of a friend of mine... needless to say, I think this can definately help me make a list of things I'd like to do throughout the year. However, with the reasonable timeline of an entire year rather than the first week of it.


I'll admit that I don't have an answer for all of these.  There are some that are easy for me to answer, but some will take some pondering.  But like I said, my resolution is to actually follow through with the things I propose to do.  And the list of things I want to do, well, I want to make it good... real good.  I want to use this as a guide to better myself.  So that throughout the year I can little by little become an improved version of me!  Andrea 2.014! (hahaha I crack myself up...get it? did you catch that?)

Either way I want to propose that all of you join me in this journey to the 2.014 version of ourselves.  Let's all break bad habits, learn new skills, aspire to be more like something or someone, be better people, travel more, continue to educate ourselves, lose ourselves in great stories and books, eat new foods, and become a better "me".

Happy New Year everyone! 2014, may it be amazing!

-Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment