Saturday, June 14, 2014

Vamos ao Brasil!


Thats right folks... I have my visa!!!!  Passport is ready to go. Flight booked. Hotel bed waiting. Is this real?!  Am I really going to the World Cup in Brazil?!  Well the answer is YES!!! I am. And it's crazy insane. And über exciting!! 


I need to learn Portuguese! Ok maybe this is a very much postponed idea... shoulda started learning like a year ago. But hey, I can learn the basics!  I keep telling everyone I'm just going to say it in Spanish or in English and add at the end of my sentence "But in Portuguese..." and hope they understand what I meant. I hate to be an ignorant traveler though... so maybe that's really not a good idea. 

Now I know a lot of you reading are thinking this is going to be a dangerous trip. So yes, we promise to be careful. We promise to stick together. We promise to keep in touch when we can. 

Given that... back to my excitement... oh my frikin gogieberries I'm going to Brazil ya'll!!!

I've managed to pack everything I need (ok all the fabulous clothes I want) into one carry on. And another small bag with a change of clothes. It's a shocker. It really is. But I'm getting good at this. Haha. 

To be totally honest... the trip is here. And I'm still finding it difficult to believe I will be heading to the airport and boarding that flight in just a few hours. 

I've been dying to go to Brazil. The Southern American countries have sparked quite an interest in me. But the best part about this trip is that I'm tackling down two things on my "bucket list". (I'll clue you all in on this later) Not only am I visiting Brazil, I'm going for the World Cup!  In one of the most prestiged countries when it comes to fútbol!  

I honestly don't even know how to explain the excitement. But to put it in perspective... I looked up Brazilian cuisine the other day... I have no clue what to expect, but I already am craving so much of it.  I look up the soccer players everyday on Pinterest (I secretly day dream of meeting a hunky fútbol player and coming back married... but no seriously I do).  I watch Shakira's video for La La La all the time!!! (which you should all watch... just click on the link) Soccer in the rain and mud! The pros themselves, and her son kicking the ball!! I love how they show the Aztec warrior to represent Mexico and the American Indian for the USA.  This video just gives me such a giddy feeling... like butterflies in my stomach, like I can't breath, that feeling in my lungs and throat like I want to scream, squeal, but have to hold my breath all at the same time!  I swear I just can't stop smiling when I think of it!!!  And I'm obsessed with her slogan! "Dare to Dream". DARE TO FRIKIN DREAM!!!  Are you kidding me?!  She is literally speaking to me!!!!

I honestly just can't wait to experience it all. Take in the country. It's people. Nature. The taste. The smell. The heat of the sun. The atmosphere of its people. I want all of Brazil.  And I think what gets me the most excited is the possibility of meeting the world!  Yes the world!  I will be surrounded by so many faces from so many places with many different languages. (It's like the tower of Babble). And the best part of it is we are all going to be unified by a single passion... Fútbol/soccer. The sport of the world. Ok maybe that's just this girl's perspective... But it's a heavily backed up theory. So I'm sticking with it. 

So the question you are all still dying for me to answer...
Which hunky fútbolista am I coming back married to?  Memo Ochoa, Gerard Puque, Cristiano Ronaldo, Fernando Torres, Oscar... I mean honestly the list can go on. Hey a girl can dream. 

But on a more serious note. Where the heck in the big, beautiful country of Brazil am I going?

3 stops. Curitiba. Foz do Iguacu. Rio de Janeiro. 

I'll be getting a little taste of a lot of it. Curitiba will be soccer central I'm sure... And I hope to find a lot of artisan shops. I don't know what that is yet but I just really hope to find some kind of cultural purse, shirt, jewelry. Something to bring back for myself. The falls in Iguacu I'm sure will me the most marvelous vision. I'm excited for the hike to see the wonderful falls. And I'll take so many pictures (I promise!). And Rio. Well it's Rio!!!  Jesus statue. Beach. And the soccer stadium. That's all I have to say. Oh the wanderlust!

Wish me good travels. Can't wait to share. Dare to dream. Because I'm proof you can make those dreams happen. Where there is a will there is a way. Journey through with me... to Brazil. 
I've got a flight to catch. 


-Andrea

1 comment:

  1. I am so very happy for you...have a fantastic time. Always reach for those stars and follow your dreams.

    ReplyDelete