Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Cocoa "Friends-y"

In honor of National Coffee Day... I accompanied my beff (best effn friend forever) to one of our favorite coffee shops. The Coffee Garden... let me tell you has the best tuxedo mocha. I'm not much of a coffee drinker (don't do well with too much caffeine so I tried it decaf... Not that I'd know if that really even makes a difference) but this was like a Mexican hot chocolate with a hint of white chocolate. Bomb!!




 Anyways... this friend of mine somehow always has me talking and thinking about just everything under the stars.  Never a dull moment with us. And I started thinking... I've got to get out of the writers block funk I'm in lately. It's nice to have people who can inspire you write about so many things. And to think that you may influence them to do the same. I gifted this friend of mine a journal so that she can write down her ideas and thoughts and work through some of those thoughts herself.  And I've got to admit I like her idea.

I never really thought of myself to be an influential person in other peoples lives. But then I remembered why I started to like writing my blog in the first place.   I felt like maybe someday... somewhere... someone would be touched. And I really hope that's true.  I don't want everyone to do the same things I do, say the same things I do, write the same way I do... but I do want them to feel comfortable with themselves in the same way that my writing makes me feel.  People can express themselves in so many different ways. For me writing has always been that way and I feel fortunate to have found the courage to actually start my blog and do this for myself and for everyone else to enjoy. 

But enough of the sappy stuff... what I really want to say is that I've got so many ideas going on through my head right now that I'm ready to start writing again.  I mean I've gone through Scottish accents, to books, to dogs trying to pee in bushes, to cute coffee cups, to flowers all around me in just one conversation. Needless to say it was an interesting night.  We talked about fashion funks, daring hair moves, Instagram pictures, photography tips, just taking better pictures in general, planning vacations, our outlook on dating, and people having kids and getting married way too young nowadays (or is that just our own insecurities), either way... I wanna write a book for y'all!  

I wanna try something out. I've been so concentrated on being inspirational lately that I,ve reached a road block. So I will do something different and try a few things that aren't. I'm talking about the second nature to myself type things. Like clothing for the new season. The books I've enjoyed. Make up. Travel plans. Trust me I've got a lot of ideas. 

So hopefully I'll be having more to show for the new fall season. So stay tuned... let's continue the journey.  


Just a few photos of the "garden"...







-Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment