Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Let's Ride!

I've been going through a few stressful yet exciting things for anyone's life lately. (Sorry for the scarcity of my writing... the stress has given me writers block) however I've got to admit the good outweighs the bad!  I'm extremely happy with the changes in this life of mine. I have been working in a new and interesting area at work. And after a couple months of being there, I got a promotion. Let me tell you... having a degree is always beneficial! It definitely came in handy with qualifications for this promotion and for a higher pay scale!  WOOP WOOP!!!  But the real point of this... with the raise it's time to buy a car! I started off car shopping (online) for a while now. And who would have known it is such a stressful process!  (Or is it that I have a fear of commitment... new trait I'm discovering... and can't seem to make up my mind on what I want!?) It's exciting none the less.

I have found this to be quite the learning experience. Not only about cars and what to look for and about budgeting and what not. I've learned a lot about myself. 

New discovered traits:
Indecisiveness
Fear of commitment
Money thoughts/talk stress me out
Not ready for grown up decisions (ok I am... I just don't like the idea of having to make them)
Expensive taste (ok ok everyone already knew this.. I'm just admitting it)


Anyways. It has definitely been interesting. Big decisions in life, whether it's just big to you or if it is to everyone, can seriously take a toll on someone. Literally consume your every thought. I've gotten to the point where old stresses have been haunting me (like "what do I have for homework" freak outs... FYI I graduated over a year ago!). I even wake up on the weekends startled thinking I'm late to work! (I just started working full time... still not used to it.) But I will admit to having that tingly feeling of excitement deep down in my gut... like butterflies. Well really it's the feeling I get anytime I buy something new! But this, this is a big shiny NEW CAR!  

I have to admit though... Like always I've had a lot of support from my family and friends. I can never make big decisions without consulting those around me. Somehow their support and their approval helps me make these decisions and in the end feel good about it.  I ended up choosing the Ford Escape 2014!

In reality I just wrote this to brag a little... show off my new toy... and mostly because I've been excited driving my new car around.

So I present to you, my dear readers, (voice from the Price is Right) my SHINEY NEW CAR!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment